Because everyone keeps asking me for this …
NOTES: Chopped chocolate is important. The small pieces provide flavor consistency while the larger pieces add variety. When it comes to brown sugar, in general terms, the higher the quality, the softer the cookie.
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 1/4 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
6 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until very light and fluffy.
4. Add in the eggs, one at a time, and then the vanilla.
5. Add the dry ingredients.
6. Stir in the chocolate until well mixed.
7. Drop medium size balls of dough 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for approximately 12 minutes or until light golden brown.